Sunday, April 15, 2012

...to the agricultural and cattle festival

This morning we had the chance to go to an international agricultural and cattle festival. It took place just 5 minutes down the road from our place so we thought we would go check it out. When we first got there we went to see a cowgirl show off her gun shooting skills. I think we were all pretty impressed. After she finished they had two horses with riders playing "soccer". It was quite interesting to see how the horses "kicked" the ball. We left during this part as it dragged on too long. So then we went to check out the petting zoo and put Maddox on the pony ride. He did such a good job at going by himself. I told him it as okay and I would wait just outside the ring. He just said okay and went. As a kid I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have let my mom leave my side. Anyway, I was proud of him. We then went to check out a tent in which they were selling smaller animals like, rabbits, goats, pigs, birds, and chicks. I was a little shocked when Maddox touched the pig. He usually is a little cautious with animals but he dove right in. Before heading out we checked out the cows and also walked past the "Medieval" men and their horses. Considering we were going to turn around and head home when we saw the craziness of the parking lot we are all glad that we decided to stay. It was a good time! (Except for Landon as he wasn't feeling well and slept for pretty much the whole time in the stroller. :o( Thus the reason there are no pictures of my little guy) 





1 comment:

  1. what's up?! no blog post in weeks???? we miss you! happy almost birthday to maddox too! :)

    ReplyDelete