Thursday, October 25, 2012

...and celebrate Bica's 30th with the girls!

It was my besties 30th birthday this past weekend and I was soooo lucky that her hubby booked her a flight to come down here to Miami. After picking up Bica and Manny (their real identity has been concealed for their safety) we headed to the hotel and out to dinner. Believe it or not it was my first time in South Beach. I guess it is kind of like how most long islanders haven't been to the statue of liberty. Weird I know. Anyway, I won't be going back anytime soon but the company I was with made it so worth the trip. The next morning we headed to the beach, where we got poured on, okay almost poured on, okay well it looked slightly cloudy and I was a bit concerned. Thank goodness Manny got us a big umbrella from the nice young man working there. After taking a shower, together, I mean separate but in the same shower, at different times of course, (note to self NEVER wait to go after Manny! Lets just say I felt dirtier after the shower then I did after swimming in the nasty parasitic ocean!) we headed to the art studio. But first we headed to lunch at a Mozzarella Bar. Yes it was as awesome as it sounds!! I had an amazing artichoke souffle....totally recommend it if your into that kind of thing. Then we headed to the art studio. There was a teacher (and Bica acquired a special tutor halfway through) and empty canvases. He taught us to paint the same picture (well most of us painted the same picture lol) from the first to last brush stroke. It was a great afternoon with great girls! Then I meet up with the girls in the morning for a quick goodbye. I brought the boys along to sing happy birthday and eat cupcakes. Then we snapped some pictures like real tourists. Then the girls headed to the airport to catch their flight. Thanks for the great weekend chicas! I can't wait for us to do it again!
The beautiful birthday girl! Hey did you pay to sit there?

Can I get any whiter? Well I guess that is what happens when you sit next to a bunch of brownies. hehe 

Lunch. <3 this pic!

Bica! Love you!

Sunitha! Gorgeous pic girly!

Almost done....serious artists in action!

Oh Manny you were definitely blond in another life. 

With the artist himself! He is a lucky guy. 

My boys got to come along to wish Bica a happy birthday too!



Kissing cousins! hehe Love you girls...just not that much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment