Monday, July 16, 2012

...and play inside (part 1)

It has been raining everyday here for the last year, okay couple months. It seems it is either the entire morning or the entire afternoon. So it takes much creativity on my part to come up with ways of entertaining these two curious little guys. I don't have pictures of many of the random things I come up with at that minute when I say to myself "think of something quick before they drive you crazy". Some of our favorites are "peek and hide" which is what Maddox calls it and I find very fitting because he peeks while I hide. I love when it is his turn because he only has two hiding spots, his closet or Harold's closet. Although we play this on a daily basis he still will answer me every time I say "where are you", which I guess is actually a good thing. Landon loves to tag along when I look for Maddy he gets a huge smile on whenever I open the door and we see Maddy standing there. Some other favorites are playing on my bed doing somersaults, playing in the sink with the water, and playing in he crib with all the stuffed animals. Below are some other rainy day activities that we have enjoyed. Hoping the rain will end soon. We are missing the beautiful sunny days of Miami!
Letting them help prepare meals is awesome. It helps me get something done I need to do and they have fun doing it. This is Maddox my professional meat grinding boy!

Playing with colored rice. 



We usually use this as a drum but works this way too!

Jumping on the bed is always a fun time!

Even Landon got in on the rice activity. 

This is Landon watching Maddy jumping on his bed trying to imitate him. 

Magnet fishing. I threw this together quickly one day and Maddy loves it! Im going to make a better set for him one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment