Thursday, February 9, 2012

Come along with the Castros and play with ice...

Continuing our color theme for this week, Maddox and I whipped up a few batches of colored ice cubes. I let him add one (which turned into about 20) drops of food coloring into each space on the tray. Then came the hardest part, the time for them to freeze. We ended up checking them about 20 times before they were frozen enough to play with. When the time finally came I filled up his blow up pool on the patio and bought the ice cubes out to play with. He had a blast! He also had to try every one (even though I told him they all tasted the same, he just had to check it out for himself). In the end his hands and tongue were multicolored and the ice melted in about 2 minutes but he played with the "brown" water for a while. I always know if I can't think of something for us to do, water is the answer! Either in the pool on the patio or in small cup on the kitchen floor it is always good for at least a 30 minute activity. Which any mom will tell you the numerous number of task she can get done in 30 minutes....its so amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment