Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Come along with the Castros and help Maddox find his toys...

Maddox loves playing hide and seek. Every night when Harold is coming home he finds a place to hide. He has his favorite go to spots, like under the table or under the pillows on the couch but no matter where he is when Harold walks in the door and calls out to Maddox "donde estas" it never fails that Maddox will say "over here" papa. He has recently been "hiding" from me during the day, although I always know where he is before he even says "mama come find me". So I have decided to make a few games up with his love for finding things. He was playing with play dough one day when I thought about putting a few little toys inside the play dough for him to have to find. He loved this idea and was excited to look for more and more toys. When he found them all he wanted to do it again and again. Then today when sitting on the patio I was trying to think of what to do with him. He had these little Wonder Pet figurines outside that he was playing with. So I told him to close his eyes and count to ten (of course he couldn't help but peek) while I hid them in the grass. It turned out to be a great activity. He then asked to hide them from me and would tell me "no peeking" and would be giggling the whole time. Then when he was done "hiding" them he would wait about 5 seconds and then tell me where they were. I love these simple little things that make his (and my) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment