Monday, February 6, 2012

Come along with the Castros and practice matching colors...

I think that Maddox is a pretty smart kid (Don't all of us moms think that about our children?) but sometimes he does backtrack on some of the things that he has already learned. For example colors. I don't know what has happened but for the past couple of months he has been getting his colors confused and not remembering which is which. I decided to play a couple little games with him to practice some of his colors. I took clothes pins and popsicle sticks and colored one of each a different color. I then had him match the stick to the clothes pin. He is great at matching so that was simple for him . I had to come up with something else quick so I put down a bowl, plate, or cup of each color and had him go around the house looking for a toy or object for each color placing them on top of the matching color bowl, plate, or cup. I told him it was a treasure hunt and when he was finished he would get a prize. I loved that most of the toys he picked were cars or train related. He seemed to enjoy going on a "treasure hunt" and it was a great review too. I was also able to finish washing the dishes while he was busy looking. (Love these kind of activities!) After he finished the tasks he continued to play with the clothes pins and popsicle sticks building towers and train tracks. He is very imaginative too! Who knew it could be so much fun!


I put a little treat under one of the toys while he was finding the last item. He was so happy!

1 comment:

  1. you are so clever. how is it that you weren't a preschool teacher in another life? :)

    ReplyDelete