Tuesday, March 27, 2012

...and splash in the sink

I love how a little simple thing can make these boys so happy. Throughout the day I am telling Maddox to stop playing with the water in the sink. Constantly reminding him that if he wants to brush his teeth or wash his hands he needs to let me know. This is at least 5 times a day. On this particular day I "let my hair down" and brought Landon with me into the bathroom to check on Maddox and decided to let them enjoy. Maddox was thrilled at being able to fill up the sink and put his hands and feet in. Landon even scooted towards the water to kick his feet. Then Landon eyed Harold's toothbrush. He is so delighted to have the end of a toothbrush in his mouth. Who needs special toys for teething....not Landon! Days like this remind me to let my kids enjoy themselves even if it is "wasting water" or "making a mess" or "getting dirty" the happiness that it brings them to be able to explore and experience these things are well worth the clean-up!




No comments:

Post a Comment