Wednesday, June 27, 2012

...and make a rain stick

Having never made a rain stick myself I never knew just how cool these sound. I wanted to do something artistic with him and still within our weather theme. This kept us talking about weather. We just used an old paper towel tube with tin foil twisted up inside and added some rice then we covered it and sealed it. Then Maddox had to be creative and decorate it. I took out some of my craft supplies in hopes that he would get excited and it worked. I left the room and came back and he had all of the markers open and was holding them all in one hand making a big swirl on the paper. It looked really cool! Then he added some ribbon and stickers to it. We had some crazy weather today! One minute we were in the pool and the next we were running inside to take cover for the incoming thunderstorm. It has created an awesome learning experience and lots of fun laughs too!

What kid doesn't love stickers! 

I also made this for Maddy during his nap yesterday. He has been changing it constantly  in these last few days. Cute right?

No comments:

Post a Comment